자유게시판

자유게시판

The six reasons I won't stop taking Ozempic

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Roland Stines
댓글 0건 조회 5회 작성일 24-09-01 07:23

본문

Down at the pharmacy they've been out of Ozempic (a brand name for the injectable drug semaglutide) for three weeks now and they have no idea when it'll be back in again. 

If the situation doesn't change then, pretty soon, I will be finding out whether people who stop injecting simply pile the weight back on.

Increasingly, I can't help feeling that there's a pulse of slim folk who will be secretly happy if that's what happens.

Let me take as my first text a column written by Matthew Parris last autumn. 

Parris, who I have known for the best part of 40 years, has never been anything other than wiry and slim. He ran sub-three-hour marathons when he was an MP. I don't imagine he has ever seriously had to think about his weight.

His column noted that while smoking deaths and illnesses had plummeted in recent years, problems related to obesity had soared. 

David Aaronovitch says when he got hold of Ozempic he lost weight without having to diet, which people did not like

Parris's proposition, 비아그라 가격 summed up in the headline - Fat shaming is the only way to beat the obesity crisis - was that since applying stigmas to smoking had worked to reduce the practice, then so too would applying stigmas to…

Well, to what exactly? Eating? Should snacking be banned from offices and relegated to benches outside? 

Munching crisps on station platforms prohibited? So, in the absence of any detail, I had to assume that his solution was to stigmatise actually being obese. People, he wrote, shouldn't ‘feel comfortable about being overweight. We have to feel able to say so.' 

A sad duty, but someone has to do it. Quite often the bloke in the van who nearly runs you over on a zebra crossing.

You do have to wonder where Parris has been all these years. Fat shaming never went away. And it clearly doesn't do any good. 

Partly because although it is mostly (though not absolutely) true that

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.